By Gordon Martel
- Written by way of unusual students, every one an expert of their field
- Explores influential, underlying issues reminiscent of imperialism, nationalism, internationalism, technological advancements, and adjustments in diplomatic methods
- Addresses a extensive variety of subject matters, together with international relations of wartime and peacemaking, the chilly warfare period and the "new global order", the top of ecu empires, the increase of nationalism within the 3rd global, globalization, and terrorism
- Chronological association makes the amount simply accessible
- Includes helpful publications for additional analyzing and research
Read or Download A Companion to International History 1900 - 2001 (Wiley Blackwell Companions to World History) PDF
Similar political history & theory books
This publication offers a entire advent to overseas human rights -- international human rights legislation, why overseas human rights have more and more risen to international prominence, what's being performed approximately violations of human rights, and what will be performed to extra advertise the reason for overseas human rights in order that everybody could someday have their rights revered despite who they're or the place they stay.
Because the finish of the chilly struggle, and especially within the post-9/11 overseas setting, neutrality has been conceptualised as a frustrating topic. With the top of bipolarity, neutrality as a international and safety coverage misplaced a lot of its justification, and within the ongoing 'War on Terror', no country, in accordance with the Bush management, could be impartial.
A deeply wrong foreign money union has plunged Europe into its greatest problem because the moment global struggle. The Euro was once the brainchild of political leaders impatient to hurry up the adventure in the direction of a united Europe. nations with contrasting financial stipulations and wishes ceded key monetary judgements to eu associations.
- Gerry Fitt and the SDLP: 'In a Minority of One'
- Charles de Gaulle's Legacy of Ideas
- The Betrayal of Liberalism: How the Disciples of Freedom and Equality Helped Foster the Illiberal Politics of Coercion and Control
- The Virgin Vote: How Young Americans Made Democracy Social, Politics Personal, and Voting Popular in the Nineteenth Century
Extra resources for A Companion to International History 1900 - 2001 (Wiley Blackwell Companions to World History)
A Companion to International History 1900 - 2001 (Wiley Blackwell Companions to World History) by Gordon Martel