By John Phillips
John Phillips, English geologist (1800-1874)
This book offers «A Treatise on Geology», from John Phillips. A dynamic desk of contents permits to leap on to the bankruptcy selected.
Table of Contents
- approximately This Book
- Introductory View Of The gadgets Of Geological Science
- common Reasonings about the Substance Of The Globe
- sequence Of Stratified Rocks
- natural continues to be Of vegetation And Animals
- ancient View Of The Stratified Rocks within the Crust Of The Earth
- Post-tertiary And smooth Deposits
- Unstratified Rocks within the Crust Of The Earth
- Mineral Veins
- glossy results of warmth within the Globe
- country Of Geological Theory
- renowned perspectives And low cost purposes Of Geology
Read or Download A Treatise on Geology PDF
Best history & philosophy on science & nature books
Are Western epistemology, metaphysics, method and the philosophy of technology grounded simply in men's exact understandings of themselves, others, and nature? Does this lower than human realizing distort our versions of cause and of clinical inquiry? in numerous methods, the papers during this assortment discover the facts for those more and more moderate and fascinating questions.
Within the follow-up to his acclaimed technology within the having a look Glass, Brian Davies discusses deep difficulties approximately our position on the earth, utilizing at the very least technical jargon. The publication argues that 'absolutist' principles of the objectivity of technology, courting again to Plato, proceed to lie to generations of either theoretical physicists and theologians.
Technological know-how within the altering international, first released in 1933, features a sequence of broadcasted displays at the courting among technology and the advance of ecu civilisation within the first half the twentieth century. in particular, each one speak makes an attempt to mirror the drawback by which the area appeared to be passing on the time, and to make an research of these forces of transformation in technology, paintings, economics, and social existence that have been linked so much heavily with the arrival of the ‘scientific’ century.
Do you may have a big message to speak with the area, yet don’t know the way? Are you a researcher, scientist, or environmentalist who has genuine recommendations to impact worldwide swap and in all probability flip issues round? have you ever built a web discussion board to proportion that wisdom? Publishing your examine in clinical journals, magazines, and newspapers is superb, yet this knowledge hardly ever will get within the palms of the better inhabitants.
- Warriors of the Cloisters: The Central Asian Origins of Science in the Medieval World
- Pathogens for War: Biological Weapons,Canadian Life Scientists, and North American Biodefence
- Iron Coffin: War, Technology, and Experience aboard the USS Monitor (Johns Hopkins Introductory Studies in the History of Technology)
- Religion and Racial Progress in Twentieth-Century Britain: Bishop Barnes of Birmingham
- Science in Popular Culture: A Reference Guide
Additional resources for A Treatise on Geology
A Treatise on Geology by John Phillips